Wednesday 11 July 2012

No more Pot Noodles for my tea....

I'ts official! I am no longer a student...I've entered into the real world of JOB SEEKING! I have finished my degree over a month ago now, and although I'ts all over and I'm looking for a job to kick start my career.. I still have to wait until November to graduate! So technically, I can't say I'm a real graduate which is pretty frustrating!


I have had an amazing three years at university and it's the best decision I ever made to sign up to complete a degree. I have learnt alot academically as well as personally about myself. I have found that PR is the career for me. Personally, I have found that I am a hard worker, I am enthusiastic to learn and I am striving to achieve and make something of myself! That being said, it is very hard to get that dream job I've had in my mind the whole time I've been at University: An entry level job into the world of PR. I've spent weeks searching the web for this role and finally I have a few interviews lined up.. However, although I am confident in myself that I would be a great person to hire, the job market is HARD to say the least and I'm being realistic in the fact that I will probably have quite a few interviews to attend before I get anywhere... That being said I am preparing as much as possible! I organised lunches with friends of friends who work in PR for any of their help and advice. I have spent hours and hours making sure my portfolio is perfect! and I've even made myself a slideshow of possible questions I could be asked and a rough idea of my answers, which I watch almost hourly! I feel as prepared as I could possibly be for these interviews.. and yet.... I still feel utterly helpless and can't help feeling that I'm going to fall flat of my face and ruin my chances somehow! I'm sure this is a completely normal sensation to have with your first REAL career type interviews so I'm going to ignore that feeling and stick with my: 'I think I'm perfect for this job' and 'Ive prepared as much as I could possibly prepare'. I think this is the best mind set to go with..!


For anyone who is trying to prepare themselves for an interview in PR here are some of the webistes that I found to be the most helpful !
 http://www.prfutures.co.uk/jobseeker-tips/interview-questions
http://www.cvtips.com/interview/public-relations-job-interview-tips.html
http://www.prsa.org/SearchResults/view/7971/105/interview_tips_for_today_s_tough_job_market
http://racetalkblog.com/2008/08/29/your-first-job-in-pr-questions-you-should-prepare-for-and-questions-you-should-ask-in-the-job-interview/



Wish me Luck & Enjoy!


Jade X

No comments:

Post a Comment